This delicious vegan chickpea curry is creamy and perfectly spiced. It’s also ready in less than 30-minutes and makes a wonderful weeknight meal.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala*
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 15oz (425g) Cans Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar*
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Basmati Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- Fresh Cilantro
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onions, crushed garlic, garam masala, cumin, coriander powder, turmeric and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the chickpeas, chopped tomato and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for around 10 minutes until the flavors are blended.
- Add coconut sugar and mix in. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve over basmati rice or cauliflower rice with some fresh cilantro.
*You can use curry powder instead of garam masala.
*You can use brown sugar instead of coconut sugar.
*Nutritional information is for curry only and does not include rice.
- Category: Entree, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 448
- Sugar: 13.3g
- Sodium: 477mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 15.3g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 10.6g
- Protein: 11.2g
Keywords: vegan chickpea curry