This divine vegan chickpea salad is veggie packed and topped with a fabulous tahini dressing. It makes a perfect side or have it as a main course.
This simple chickpea salad is a combination of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) and fresh vegetables topped with a delicious tahini dressing.
I love the blend of flavors and textures in this salad. It is definitely always a crowd pleaser. And if you love salads like I do, then you’ll probably also love our vegan Greek salad or our vegan kale salad.
How To Make Vegan Chickpea Salad
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- It is extremely simple to make this salad! Add chopped romaine lettuce to a salad bowl.
- Add chopped red bell pepper, sliced red onion, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and chickpeas on top. Toss together.
- Add avocado, chopped cilantro, oregano, salt and pepper and toss again.
- The dressing is a delicious tahini salad dressing and it’s really simple to make. Just add the ingredients – tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, crushed garlic, water, sea salt and black pepper – to a measuring jug and whisk with a hand whisk.
- Serve the salad into bowls and top with the tahini dressing. Yum!
More Salad Dressing Options
If you’re not going to be eating this right away, then hold off on adding the avocado.
Without avocado, this will stay good for around 3 days in the fridge. In that case you can add fresh avocado to the individual bowls as you serve it.
More Vegan Salads
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Vegan Coleslaw
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Chickpea Salad
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce (1 small head) Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- ½ Small Red Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Sliced
- 2 cups English Cucumber Sliced
- 15 ounce Can Chickpeas (1 can) Drained
- 1 Large Avocado or 2 Small, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
For the Dressing:
- 1 Recipe Tahini Salad Dressing
- Add the chopped romaine lettuce to a salad bowl.
- Add chopped red bell pepper, sliced red onion, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and chickpeas on top.
- Toss everything together and then add your avocado, chopped cilantro, dried oregano, salt and pepper and toss again.
- Prepare the dressing according to the linked recipe and serve drizzled over the top of the salad.
- Cilantro – if you’re not a cilantro fan then use parsley instead.
- Dressing – other options for the dressing are homemade vinaigrette or vegan green goddess dressing.
- Nutritional information – is for salad only, you can find the nutritional info for our tahini salad dressing on that separate linked recipe.