This divine vegan chickpea salad is veggie packed and topped with a fabulous tahini dressing. It makes a perfect side or you can have it as a main course!
- 1 Small Head Romaine Lettuce (3 cups chopped)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (1/2 cup thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (1 cup sliced)
- 1/2 English Cucumber (2 cups, sliced)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1 Large Avocado (or 2 Small, peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (Chopped)*
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
For the Dressing:
- Add the chopped romaine lettuce to a salad bowl.
- Add chopped red bell pepper, sliced red onion, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and chickpeas on top.
- Toss everything together and then add your avocado, chopped cilantro, dried oregano, salt and pepper and toss again.
- Prepare the dressing according to the linked recipe and serve drizzled over the top of the salad.
*If you’re not a cilantro fan then use parsley.
*Other options for the dressing could be a Homemade Vinaigrette or Vegan Green Goddess Dressing.
*Nutritional information is for salad only, you can find the nutritional info for our Tahini Salad Dressing on that recipe.
- Category: Appetizer, Side, Gluten-Free
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4g
- Fiber: 12.8g
- Protein: 8.3g
Keywords: vegan chickpea salad