Rich double chocolate vegan chocolate banana bread bursting with chocolate and banana flavor! Moist, decadent and so easy to make, you’ll be making this all the time!
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (42g) Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Medium Ripe Bananas (14oz/400g peeled weight)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk*
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 1 cup (175g) Vegan Chocolate Chips*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and then add the white and brown sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Add the bananas, soy milk and coconut oil to the blender and blend until just smooth, don’t over-blend or the bananas will start to oxidize.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 3 Tbsp hot water to 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed meal in a bowl and leaving for a minute to become gloopy.
- Pour the blended banana mix over the dry ingredients and then add in the flax egg and mix everything together until properly combined. The batter will be thick.
- Add around 3/4 of the vegan chocolate chips and fold in. Keep roughly 1/4 of them aside to place onto the top of the loaf.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and then line it with parchment paper so that the parchment paper hangs over the sides, so that when the banana bread is baked, you can easily lift it out of the loaf pan using the parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter from the mixing bowl to the loaf pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips to the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (melted chocolate is okay but wet batter is not).
- Use the parchment paper to lift the banana bread out of the loaf pan and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool before slicing.
*You can use almond milk instead of soy milk if you prefer.
*You can use any vegan chocolate if you can’t get chocolate chips and then just chop it into chunks. If you do this then weigh it for the right quantity.
- Category: Dessert, Baking
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Thick Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 31.1g
- Sodium: 283mg
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 60.8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5.4g
Keywords: vegan chocolate banana bread