I absolutely adore banana bread, and ever since posting my recipe for a straight up delicious vegan banana bread, I have been wanting to try it with chocolate chips!
And this vegan chocolate chip banana bread tastes as good as it sounds. And as good as it looks!
Banana bread is the best thing to make when you have some very ripe bananas on hand. Some people call this (pictured above), overripe. But it’s not really, it’s just very ripe.
It’s the stage where they’re not very appealing to eat straight up, but they’re still totally fine to use in baking.
Delicious spread with vegan butter!
I always like my banana bread slathered with vegan butter. But Jaye tends to enjoy it plain. He sees it more as cake, I see it more as bread.
Any way you prefer, you’re going to have some fun with this, both making it and eating it.
Chocolate chunks or chocolate chips?
If you have any difficulty with getting vegan chocolate chips (I used to not be able to find them anywhere, but now I can get them), then no worries!
Just chop up your favorite vegan chocolate into chunks and use that instead. It’s just as delicious, in fact some might say it can be more delicious that way as you can make those chunks nice and fat!
When this banana bread is served warm you get melted and gooey chocolate delights in your slice of banana bread, and served cold you bite into chunks of hard and delicious dark chocolate. Either way, it’s a treat.
How to store your vegan chocolate chip banana bread
Kept wrapped and covered this lasts a couple of days at room temperature.
But if you are a rare individual who will eat this very slowly, then it will last longer if you keep it wrapped and covered in the fridge (up to a week). You can always gently warm up a slice in the microwave.
This vegan chocolate chip banana bread is so delicious!
- Packed with chocolate chips!
- Perfectly Sweet
- Full of banana flavor!
Want more delicious vegan banana recipes?
We have loads!
- Vegan Banana Cake
- Vegan Banana Cupcakes
- Vegan Banoffee Pie
- Vegan Banana Cream Pie
- Vegan Banana Waffles
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
And that’s not all. Use the search bar to find all the delicious banana recipes we’ve done so far!
Leave a comment below and let us know what you think of this chocolate chip banana bread! Please rate the recipe as well, it really helps us! Thank you.
And before you go, why not sign up to our email list, we’ll send you a fabulous (and free) recipe ebook when you do, and you’ll be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Vegan chocolate chip banana bread that is perfectly moist, rich, deliciously sweet and packed with banana flavor! Ideal for dessert or breakfast!
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas (10.5oz /300g peeled weight)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk*
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 1 cup (175g) Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour and add to a mixing bowl. Add the white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix together.
- Add the bananas to a blender jug with the soy milk and coconut oil. Blend until just blended.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute until it becomes gloopy.
- Pour the blended banana mix over the dry ingredients and then add the flax egg and mix in until combined. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Add about 3/4 of the vegan dark chocolate chips and fold in. Keep roughly a 1/4 of them aside to place on top.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and cut out parchment paper to line the bottom.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread out evenly. Place the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Place into the oven and bake for around 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (if you hit some melted chocolate, just try a different spot!).
*You can use almond milk instead of soy milk if you prefer.
*Adapted from my recipe for Vegan Banana Bread.
- Category: Dessert, Baking, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Thick Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 29.8g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 56.1g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip banana bread