Vegan chocolate chip banana bread that is perfectly moist, rich, deliciously sweet and packed with banana flavor! Ideal for dessert or breakfast!
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas (10.5oz /300g peeled weight)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk*
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 1 cup (175g) Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour and add to a mixing bowl. Add the white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix together.
- Add the bananas to a blender jug with the soy milk and coconut oil. Blend until just blended.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute until it becomes gloopy.
- Pour the blended banana mix over the dry ingredients and then add the flax egg and mix in until combined. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Add about 3/4 of the vegan dark chocolate chips and fold in. Keep roughly a 1/4 of them aside to place on top.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and cut out parchment paper to line the bottom.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread out evenly. Place the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Place into the oven and bake for around 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (if you hit some melted chocolate, just try a different spot!).
*You can use almond milk instead of soy milk if you prefer.
*Adapted from my recipe for Vegan Banana Bread.
- Category: Dessert, Baking, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Thick Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 29.8g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 56.1g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip banana bread