You will love these vegan bounty bars! Soft and creamy coconut centers are smothered in vegan chocolate for a deliciously simple dessert.
- Add the dessicated coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream and powdered sugar to the food processor and process together until well mixed. The mixture should stick together when you roll it into a ball.
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray and line it with parchment paper so that there is an overhang on either side. Press the coconut mixture down flat into the loaf pan and place it into the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Lift it out of the loaf pan using the parchment paper overhang and cut the coconut into 6 bars. Place the bars onto a parchment lined baking tray and return to the freezer until they are very firm and set.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place it into a microwave safe bowl along with the coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Working quickly, dip each bar into the chocolate, and flip it over so that it’s completely covered in chocolate on both sides and then quickly return it to the parchment lined baking tray. Repeat for all six bars. Return the tray to the freezer for 5 minutes so the chocolate can set a little. Bring out the tray and use the remaining melted chocolate to drizzle chocolate over each of the bars. Return to the freezer to set properly for 10 minutes.
- Keep any leftovers in the fridge and serve them cold directly from the fridge.
*Dessicated Coconut is also called Finely Shredded Coconut.
*This is 1 and 3/4 cups of chopped chocolate or chocolate chips. You can use chocolate chips if that’s what you have on hand but I tend to prefer melting down a high quality dark chocolate.
*Prep time doesn’t include time spent setting in the freezer.
*Keep leftovers stored in the fridge and enjoy within a couple of weeks. They are also freezer friendly if you want to freeze them.
*This recipe was first published in June 2017 and has been updated with new photos and text.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serving (~1/2 Bar)
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Sodium: 19mg
- Fat: 26.2g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3.6g
Keywords: vegan bounty bars