Chocolate covered strawberries are such a romantic thing, aren’t they?
And there just might be a perfect romantic occasion coming up quite soon! So a recipe for vegan chocolate covered strawberries was on the cards!
I mean, making this recipe vegan is really as simple as using some vegan chocolate for the chocolate part of things, so it’s too easy!
And the recipe itself is just too easy! Only 2-ingredients and barely 10-minutes and you have yourself a romantic dessert that’ll make your love very happy.
Or you can just make them for yourself, no judgement here, and loving yourself and making yourself some nice things is a super fine thing to do!
Like people who send themselves flowers on valentines day – why the heck not! You don’t have to wait around on other people to do nice things for you, you can just do them!
But okay I’m getting side-tracked – these chocolate covered strawberries are a perfect dessert because not only are they romantic, they’re also so delicious, sweet but not too sweet!
The chocolate is super sweet but then you get the mild sweetness and juiciness of the strawberry and it all balances out to perfection!
Pairing this with some champagne is nothing but a fabulous idea as well!
I melted down some vegan chocolate slabs for this, but you can use chocolate chips as well. It just suits me better now to use slabs as they are more cost effective than buying chocolate chips where I am.
If the chocolate is quite thick after melting it down, then just add a bit of coconut oil to make it a bit runnier and easier to handle.
And then once all your strawberries are dipped in chocolate, use the remaining chocolate to drizzle over the top of the strawberries to create some pretty little ridges and lines.
You will love these gorgeous vegan chocolate covered strawberries, they are:
- Perfectly sweet
They need to be kept in the fridge as the chocolate is not tempered and will begin to melt at room temperature, but take them out right before serving and enjoy with some champagne or just as is!
Thoughts on these chocolate covered strawberries? Post them in the comments! Please also rate the recipe when you’ve made it.
For more deliciously romantic desserts, check out these great options:
- Caramel Fudge Vegan Chocolates
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
- Vegan Strawberry Cake
Definitely sign up to our email list while you’re here! You’ll get a fabulous (and free!) recipe ebook when you sign up and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes.Print
Juicy and delicious vegan chocolate covered strawberries. This romantic dessert is wonderfully flavorful with the perfect contrast between juicy strawberries and rich chocolate!
- 30 Strawberries*
- 7oz (200g) Vegan Chocolate*
- Wash the strawberries and then lay them down on a paper towel to dry. They must be completely dry before dipping in chocolate.
- Break up the chocolate and add to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals bringing out to stir very 30-seconds until smooth and melted. If your chocolate is very thick, add in a teaspoon of coconut oil to make it a little thinner and easier to work with.
- Dip the strawberries into the chocolate and then place them onto a parchment lined baking tray. Place into the fridge to partially set and then bring them out to drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top before returning to the fridge to set completely.
*I had mixed sizes for my strawberries so used 30 in total but some were pretty small. If your strawberries are all on the large size then 20 is likely a good number.
*I melted down slabs of vegan chocolate, but vegan chocolate chips would work fine too.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Chocolate Covered Strawberry
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.6g