Moist and delicious vegan chocolate donuts. Super quick and easy, rich and chocolatey and topped with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
For the Donuts:
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour*
- 1/4 cup (22g) Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup (100g) Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 Tbsp Applesauce
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 1 cup (175g) Vegan Chocolate Chips (or Chopped Vegan Chocolate)
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour and the cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk), applesauce, coconut oil, vinegar and vanilla and whisk with a hand whisk to remove any lumps. Don’t overmix.
- Spray two donut trays with non-stick spray and divide the batter evenly among the donut rings. The easiest way to do this is to put the batter into a piping bag and then divide it evenly that way. Or you can use a spoon but it does get a little messy.
- Depending on how high you fill the donut rings you will get 9-12 donuts (we got 12 but filling the donut rings a little more will get you around 9.)
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the donuts comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before adding the chocolate topping.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a microwave safe bowl and heating in 30 second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until completely melted. Dip the donuts into the melted chocolate and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray and use a teaspoon to add the sprinkles. When all the donuts are done, move the tray into the fridge briefly for the chocolate topping to set.
*Weigh your flour for the most accurate results, or use the spoon and level method for measuring flour using cups.
*You can switch the melted coconut oil for a different oil if you prefer.
*The chocolate can either be vegan chocolate chips or any nice tasting vegan chocolate that you can just melt down for the topping.
*Nutritional information is for 1 donut of 12 with chocolate topping.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Donut (of 12)
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 11.1g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 22.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 3.2g
Keywords: vegan chocolate donuts