Oh. My. Ganache! This vegan chocolate ganache frosting is soooo fab!
No wonder at all really considering the ingredients list!
With just 4-ingredients: Dark Chocolate, Coconut Cream, Coconut Oil and Powdered Sugar, this chocolate ganache frosting ticks all the boxes when it comes to rich, smooth, chocolate yumness. Is that a word? I think not. But this recipe is worth making up words over.
Ridiculously easy to make, this frosting can be whipped up super fast.
You just heat coconut cream and coconut oil up on the stove until bubbles form (just before it boils) and then pour the hot liquid over dark chocolate pieces in a big bowl. Let it sit for a minute so the chocolate has time to melt and then whisk it up into a glorious chocolate sauce.
Now, if you just needed a chocolate sauce, well here you go!
But if you want to use it as a frosting, it will be a little thin at this point. So that’s where you add in the powdered sugar and whisk it up.
Then put into the refrigerator to set, whisk it again to incorporate more air so that it’s awesomely light and fluffy and there you have it, vegan ganache frosting that’ll blow your hair back!
This recipe makes enough vegan chocolate ganache frosting to frost a 3-layer cake, or do what I did and just frost a 2-layer cake REALLY thick (better!)
You’ll love the way the dark chocolate richness comes through so decadently in this frosting and how it takes a chocolate cake from good to great!
I’ve made myself very popular by taking chocolate cake with this frosting to family occasions I can tell you!
So let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments.
Rate it and let us know how it went if you made it!
Of course we would love it if you would take a photo and tag it #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can admire it too!Print
Easy 4-Ingredient vegan chocolate ganache frosting. Rich, smooth and ultra creamy this is a frosting that will take any chocolate cake from good to great!
- Place the coconut cream and coconut oil into a pot and heat to just before boiling.
- While the coconut cream and oil are heating, break up the chocolate into pieces and place into a bowl.
- Just before the coconut cream and oil boils, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate pieces.
- Leave for a minute to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Whisk with a hand whisk until well combined into chocolate sauce.
- Add the powdered sugar and then whisk with an electric whisk.
- Place into the refrigerator for about an hour until completely cooled and thickened.
- Whisk again with the electric mixer.
- If the consistency is still a bit thin, add another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and whisk again.
- It should be thick enough to spread on a cake without sliding.
- Perfect for use on cakes, cupcakes or cookies.
*Cook time is for time spent cooling in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert, Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (of ~50)
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.7g