This vegan chocolate ganache frosting is the most silky smooth, velvety frosting ever. It’s so rich and decadent and really easy to make too!
- Break up the vegan chocolate into small pieces and place into a heat safe bowl.
- Place the coconut cream and coconut oil into a pot or saucepan and heat until it reaches a simmer. Don’t let it boil. Pour over the chocolate in the bowl, making sure that the chocolate is completely covered.
- Let it sit for a minute to let the chocolate melt and then whisk with a hand whisk until you have a completely smooth chocolate sauce.
- Add in 2 cups of powdered sugar and whisk it in with your electric mixer.
- Place into the refrigerator for an hour or two until it’s completely cooled and thickened.
- Whisk again with the electric mixer.
- If the consistency is still a bit thin, add another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and whisk again.
- It should be thick enough to spread on a cake without sliding.
- Perfect for use on cakes, cupcakes or cookies.
*This is about 2 cups of chopped chocolate.
*Prep time is for hands on time only and does not include time spent setting in the fridge.
- Category: Dessert, How To
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.7g
Keywords: vegan chocolate ganache frosting