Smooth date-sweetened vegan chocolate mousse. This 3-ingredient mousse is light, fluffy and super easy to make! Makes a perfect dessert! Gluten-Free.
- Refrigerate a can of coconut cream overnight. Then scoop out only the hardened cream that has risen to the top. (See notes).
- Add the dates, cocoa powder and hardened coconut cream to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Then add the mixture to a strainer and strain it so that it’s perfectly smooth and all the date skins are removed.
- Divide between two ramekins and place into the fridge to set.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream, chocolate shavings and cherries (optional).
*If you have a can of coconut cream that has very little water left behind once the cream has risen to the top, i.e. very little waste, then just use half the can of hardened cream. Some cans of coconut cream will leave roughly half the can behind as water when the hardened cream rises to the top, and when that happens, use all the cream. Other cans will have barely any water left behind, so in that case, use only half the hardened cream.
*Nutritional information is for mousse only and doesn’t include any extra toppings.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve
- Calories: 467
- Sugar: 59.6g
- Sodium: 28mg
- Fat: 22.9g
- Saturated Fat: 18.4g
- Carbohydrates: 74.4g
- Fiber: 9.9g
- Protein: 5g