This vegan chocolate pudding is SO delicious and so easy you’ll want to make it all the time. It’s also a perfect make-ahead dessert option!
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt to a saucepan and mix them together.
- Then add soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) and whisk it in.
- Heat to medium heat, keep whisking while it heats and bring it to the boil. Let it boil for a full minute to thicken.
- Then remove it from the heat and stir in vegan butter and vanilla extract.
- Transfer to small glasses or ramekins and smooth down.
- Refrigerate to set. Serve topped with vegan chocolate shavings and vegan whipped cream
*You can likely use any non-dairy milk. For other possible ingredient substitutions see our blog post.
*The pudding gets noticeably thicker when it boils, it usually needs a full minute of boiling, but you won’t miss it getting thick, it’s very noticeable.
*This pudding does tend to form a skin on top when it sets in the fridge. I don’t find this a problem but if you want to avoid this, you can top it with plastic wrap so that the plastic wrap is directly on top of the pudding. Then just remove the plastic wrap before serving and there will be no skin on top.
*Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for up to a week.
*Nutritional information is for the pudding only and excludes vegan whipped cream or chocolate shavings.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 37.6g
- Sodium: 349mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 51.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 5.6g
Keywords: vegan chocolate pudding