These vegan chocolate truffles are rich and luxurious with a decadent chocolate ganache center smothered in dark chocolate. The perfect dessert for all occasions!
So when I wanted to make these what I had in mind was Lindt balls. You know those balls with hard chocolate on the outside and a super soft, smooth center? Yes, those.
Well of course what I have here with these vegan chocolate truffles is nothing like that!
What it is, is a hard chocolate shell filled with a softer chocolate center so it’s close (sort of, maybe, a little bit, nevermind).
These vegan chocolate truffles are totally divine, even if they are not really anything like Lindt balls.
They’re chocolate ganache centers rolled into balls and then rolled in vegan chocolate. Yum!
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Truffles
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Add vegan chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to a mixing bowl.
- Heat coconut cream to a simmer and then pour it over the top of the chocolate, making sure that it covers the chocolate completely.
- Leave it to sit for a minute to give the chocolate a chance to melt.
- Stir it up into a rich chocolate sauce.
- Place into the fridge to set. This will take 2-3 hours, you’ll know it’s ready when you stick a knife into the ganache and feel that it’s solid all the way through.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to scoop out even amounts of the hardened ganache and then drop it into a bowl of cocoa powder.
- Use your hands to roll it into a ball. The cocoa powder will stop it from sticking to your hands.
- Place the balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- When all the balls are rolled, place them into the freezer to set.
- When the balls are nice and hard from the freezer, melt vegan chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, by microwaving it in 30-second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until melted.
- Drop the balls into the melted chocolate one by one and use two teaspoons to manoeuvre the balls in the chocolate to get them completely coated and then place them back onto the parchment lined tray. Decorate with chocolate shavings.
- When all the balls have been dipped in chocolate return them to the fridge for the chocolate to set and then enjoy!
- Vegan chocolate or chocolate chips – you can use either chopped vegan chocolate or vegan chocolate chips. But just make sure it’s high quality and melts down well.
- Coconut cream – this should be canned and unsweetened. You don’t need to separate the cream by refrigerating it first, you can just shake up the can and measure out a cup.
- Cocoa powder – rolling the balls in cocoa powder before they set and before rolling them in chocolate is just so that you can roll them into balls. It stops them from sticking to your hands and makes them easy to handle.
There is a lot of setting time. This recipe takes a while to make because of all the setting that has to happen, but the actual hands on time is quick and they’re definitely fun to make. The result is also really sensational so you don’t mind that it takes a while.
Use a cookie scoop. Scoop the ganache with your cookie scoop (or ice cream scoop, whatever you want to call it) in roughly two tablespoon portions. If you don’t have a cookie scoop then you can use a spoon.
Decorate. Once dipped in chocolate decorate the balls with chocolate shavings! Make sure to sprinkle on the chocolate shavings while the chocolate is still wet so that it sticks. It’s good to get someone to help with this part, so that one person dips the balls in the chocolate and the other person sprinkles chocolate shavings on top as soon as the chocolate covered ball goes back onto the tray.
Storing and Freezing
Keep them stored in the fridge where they will last for up to a week, and enjoy whenever you need a delicious treat!
You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Bite-Sized Vegan Desserts
- Vegan Coconut Truffles
- Vegan Oreo Truffles
- No-Bake Vegan Truffles
- Vegan Carrot Cake Balls
- Vegan Energy Balls
- Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
For the Chocolate Ganache:
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1 ¾ cups Vegan Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate (300g )
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Chocolate Shavings
- Prepare the chocolate ganache. Add the chocolate to a mixing bowl.
- Heat the coconut cream to a simmer (you can do this either on a stove top or in the microwave, just be very careful if doing it in the microwave not to overheat and boil it over).
- Pour the simmering coconut cream over the chocolate pieces in the mixing bowl. Leave to sit for around a minute to melt, then mix it into a chocolate sauce.
- Place into the fridge to set. This will take a few hours (2-3 hours, you’ll know it’s set when you stick a knife into it and it’s solid all the way down).
- When set, use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to scoop out even amounts of the ganache and drop it into the cocoa powder, then use your hands to roll it into a ball. The cocoa powder will stop it from sticking to your hands. Place the balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- When all the balls are rolled, place into the freezer to harden.
- Prepare the chocolate coating. When the balls are nice and hard, add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals bringing out to stir every 30-seconds until completely smooth and melted. Add in your coconut oil and stir in.
- Drop the balls into the chocolate one by one and use two teaspoons to manoeuvre the balls in the chocolate and back onto the parchment lined baking tray. Decorate with chocolate shavings.
- Return to the fridge for the chocolate to set and enjoy!
- You can use any vegan chocolate that you like the taste of, or you can use chocolate chips. Make sure it’s a premium brand that melts down well.
- Prep time is only for hands on time and not for time spent setting in the fridge/freezer.
- Keep them stored in the fridge where they will last for up to a week, and enjoy whenever you need a delicious treat! You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.