So when I wanted to make these what I had in mind was Lindt balls. You know those balls that are just filled with liquid chocolate? Yes, those.
Well of course what I have here with these vegan chocolate truffles is nothing like that!
What it is, is a hard chocolate shell filled with a softer chocolate center so it’s close (sort of, maybe, a little bit, nevermind).
These vegan chocolate truffles are totally divine (even if they are not really anything like Lindt balls).
They’re chocolate ganache centers rolled into balls and then rolled in vegan chocolate!
You make the ganache, let it firm up nicely and then scoop it into balls, roll them in cocoa powder, let them set, and then roll those balls in chocolate.
It takes a while to make because of all the setting that has to happen, but the actual hands on time is quick and they’re definitely fun to make.
The result is also really sensational.
Rolling the balls in cocoa powder before they set and before rolling them in chocolate is just so that you can roll them into balls.
You scoop the ganache with your cookie (or ice cream, whatever you want to call it) scoop and then roll that in cocoa powder and then you’re able to roll that into a ball without that sticking to your hands.
Once dipped in chocolate decorate the balls with chocolate shavings!
You will love these vegan chocolate truffles! They are:
- Easy and Fun
Keep them stored in the fridge where they will last for up to a week, and enjoy whenever you need a delicious treat!
So let us know what you think of these vegan chocolate truffles! Leave us a comment and please rate the recipe too, it’s so helpful for us. Thanks so much.
For more delicious truffles, check out these recipes:
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous free recipe ebook and to stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog!Print
Rich and luxurious vegan chocolate truffles. A decadent chocolate ganache center smothered in dark chocolate. The perfect dessert for all occasions!
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 10.5oz (300g) Vegan Chocolate
- 1 cup (240ml) Coconut Cream
- 1/4 cup (22g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (for rolling)
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 10.5oz (300g) Vegan Chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Chocolate Shavings
- Break up the chocolate for the chocolate ganache and place into a mixing bowl.
- Heat the coconut cream to a simmer (you can do this either on a stove top or in the microwave, just be very careful if doing it in the microwave not to overheat and boil it over).
- Pour the simmering coconut cream over the chocolate pieces in the mixing bowl. Leave to sit for around a minute to melt, then mix it into a chocolate sauce.
- Place into the fridge to set. This will take a few hours (2-3 hours, you’ll know it’s set when you stick a knife into it and it’s solid all the way down).
- When set, use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to scoop out even amounts of the ganache and drop it into the cocoa powder, then use your hands to roll it into a ball. The cocoa powder will stop it from sticking to your hands. Place the balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- When all the balls are rolled, place into the freezer to harden.
- When the balls are nice and hard, break up the chocolate for your chocolate coating, and microwave in 30-second intervals bringing out to stir every 30-seconds until completely smooth and melted. Add in your coconut oil and stir in.
- Drop the balls into the chocolate one by one and use two teaspoons to manoeuvre the balls in the chocolate and back onto the parchment lined baking tray. Decorate with chocolate shavings.
- Return to the fridge for the chocolate to set and enjoy!
*Prep time is only for hands on time and not for time spent setting in the fridge/freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 Ball
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 17.3g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan chocolate truffles