Super easy homemade vegan chocolate recipe. This deliciously dark chocolate is made with cacao butter for a wonderfully textured versatile chocolate.
- Set 9 cupcake liners into a cupcake tray and set aside.*
- Add the chopped cacao butter to a heat safe bowl and place it above a pot with a couple of inches of water in it, making sure that the bowl is not touching the water. This creates a homemade double boiler.
- Let the cacao butter melt gently over the hot water. As soon as it starts melting, stir it gently and keep stirring until melted.
- Turn off the heat and add in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, tahini and vanilla and whisk it in quickly. Then transfer to a jug for easy pouring and pour it out into the cupcake liners.
- Place the cupcake tray into the fridge and allow the chocolate to set.
- Keep the leftover chocolates stored in the fridge and enjoy them directly out of the fridge. You can also store them in the freezer if you want them to last even longer.
*You don’t necessarily have to put the cupcake liners into a cupcake tray, but I find it helps them to hold their shape easier when you’re pouring the chocolate into them. You also don’t have to use cupcake liners for this, if you prefer to use moulds, you can do that too.
*If you pour less chocolate into each cupcake liner you could get 12 out of this batch instead of 9. As you can see from the photos each chocolate is quite large.
*If you want this recipe to be raw then use cacao powder instead of cocoa powder.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Chocolate (of 9)
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Fat: 19.9g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan chocolate