These vegan cinnamon rolls are soft and puffy and packed with cinnamon sugar deliciousness. Simple recipe with spectacular results.
For the Dough:
- 3 cups (375g) All Purpose Flour*
- 1 Tbsp Instant Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk*
For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup (56g) Vegan Butter (Melted)
- 3/4 cup (150g) Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Vegan Butter
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup (120g) Powdered Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp Soy Milk
- Add the flour, instant yeast, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the vegan butter and soy milk to a microwave safe bowl and microwave until warm. It should be warm to the touch but not hot. I found 45 seconds to be enough for mine to come to the right temperature but they were straight from the fridge. The butter should have softened in the milk but not melted. If you feel the milk/butter mix and it’s hot, then let it cool down a little before you add it to the dry ingredients. It must be warm but not hot.
- Add it into the mixing bowl and stir it into a dough. Then flour your hands and get in there with your hands and form it into a big ball of dough and start kneading it. Add more flour as needed and keep kneading it until the dough is pliable and no longer sticking to your hands at all (about 3 minutes).
- Spray a bowl with non-stick spray and place the ball of dough into the bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave it to rise for 60 minutes.
- After 60 minutes the dough should have risen quite a lot. Flour a surface and roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
- Brush on the melted vegan butter. When you’ve brushed the butter into all the corners and edges of the dough, pour out the remaining butter into the center of the dough and then spread it out with the brush.
- Mix the brown sugar and ground cinnamon together in a mixing bowl and then spoon this over the top of the melted vegan butter, sprinkling it evenly across the entire surface area of the dough.
- Roll the dough, lengthways, into a tube shape. Roll it as tightly as you can.
- Then use dental floss or a serrated knife to cut it into 12 cinnamon rolls. If the extreme edges of the roll are very uneven, you can just cut those off and then cut your 12 rolls.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray and place the cinnamon rolls into the dish, spacing them out evenly. Then cover the dish and leave to rise for another 60 minutes.
- After 60 minutes you will see that the rolls have expanded.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Brush the tops and sides of the rolls with melted vegan butter.
- Place into the oven to bake (uncovered) for 25 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a bit before adding the frosting.
- Add the powdered sugar and soy milk to a bowl and mix in until smooth. I did this with a spoon and did not find it necessary to use a stand mixer.
- When the rolls are still warm to the touch (but not crazy hot) add the drizzle. Use a teaspoon to drizzle on the frosting.
- Serve the cinnamon rolls while still warm for the most delicious results.
*Weigh the flour for the most accurate results.
*You can switch the soy milk for almond milk if you prefer.
*With inspiration from The Stay At Home Chef.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cinnamon Roll (of 12)
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 24.2g
- Sodium: 262mg
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 49.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 4.3g
Keywords: vegan cinnamon rolls