Soft, moist and buttery vegan coconut cookies packed with coconut flavor and texture! Super easy recipe ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Add the vegan butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and cream together. Add in the vanilla and coconut extract and mix in.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and desssicated coconut to a bowl and mix together and then add all of the dry ingredients in with the butter and sugar mix and mix together by hand (don’t use the electric mixer for this part) until crumbly.
- Add in soy milk and mix together into a thick cookie dough that can easily be rolled into balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Aim for 20 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes. The edges will be firm and set but they will still be very soft in the middle. This is fine, they will firm up as they cool.
*Depending on the brand of vegan butter you use, it could be that you need a little more or less soy milk so play it by ear, don’t add all of it in at once, start with 2 or 3 Tbsp and then add more until you get to a consistency where you can roll the cookie dough into balls. I used 4 Tbsp but you may need more if you use a hard vegan butter (less water content) or possibly less if you’re using a vegan buttery spread that has a higher water content than the one I used.
- Category: Baking, Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie (of 20)
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.2g
Keywords: vegan coconut cookies