These simple vegan coconut pancakes are light and fluffy and perfect for breakfast. Enjoy them topped with coconut flakes and maple syrup.
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Coconut Milk*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Coconut Extract (Optional)
- Coconut Oil (For Frying)
- Coconut Flakes
- Maple Syrup
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the coconut milk, water, vanilla extract and coconut extract and whisk with a hand whisk to get rid of any large lumps.
- Heat a frying pan with a little coconut oil and when the pan is very hot, add roughly a quarter cup of batter to the pan.
- Flip at the point when bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Cook on the other side until both sides are properly browned.
- Top with coconut flakes, maple syrup, fresh fruit or any other toppings of your choice.
*It’s very important to measure your flour correctly or your batter will be too thick. Either weigh it on a food scale or use the spoon and level method which is the correct way to measure flour. Spoon it into a measuring cup and then level off the top with a knife. Don’t scoop it or pack it into the cup.
*We used full fat, canned, unsweetened coconut milk. However, any coconut milk should work fine in this recipe.
*The coconut extract adds extra flavor but can easily be omitted if you don’t have any on hand.
*Nutritional information is based on 1 pancake of 8 without additional toppings.
*This recipe was first published in October 2015.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 pancake (of 8)
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 262mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: vegan coconut pancakes