Smooth and creamy vegan cookies and cream ice cream. This no-churn vegan ice cream is only 3-ingredients and super easy to make, with fabulous results.
- Chill your coconut whipping cream or cans of coconut cream at least overnight in the fridge. If you’re using coconut whipping cream, pour the entire can into the bowl of an electric mixer and whip for 2-3 minutes until you have perfect whipped cream. If you’re using regular coconut cream cans instead, then take the two cans out of the fridge, the hard cream section will have risen to the top. Scoop out only this hard cream section from both cans into the bowl of your electric mixer. Throw out the water that’s left behind in the cans. Whip this up until you have perfect whipped cream. Place into the fridge while you make your vegan condensed milk.
- Prepare your homemade vegan condensed milk by adding all the ingredients to the blender (as per linked recipe) and blend it up into perfect condensed milk.
- Add the vegan condensed milk to your whipped cream and mix in.
- Take 12 of the oreos or other vegan sandwich cookies and break them up into pieces and add to the mixing bowl and fold them in.
- Transfer the ice cream mix to a loaf pan and smooth down.
- Take the remaining 4 oreos or vegan sandwich cookies and break them up over the top of the ice cream.
- Place into the freezer to set.
- When you want to serve the ice cream, let it thaw for 5 minutes or so on the countertop and use an ice cream scoop dipped in hot water to scoop it.
*The reason you only need to use 1 can of coconut whipping cream instead of 2 cans of regular coconut cream is there is no waste with coconut whipping cream, you whip up the whole can. Whereas with regular coconut cream, you only use the hardened cream section that has risen to the top and throw out the water left behind.
*The homemade vegan condensed milk makes about a cup and a half of vegan condensed milk (360ml) but if using a store-bought readymade version, you can just go ahead and use a full 14oz (400ml) can.
*Prep time does not include time spent setting in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert, Ice Cream
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 29.8g
- Sodium: 272mg
- Fat: 19.6g
- Saturated Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 52.1g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.1g
Keywords: vegan cookies and cream ice cream