Vegan corn fritters are my new food. Growing up we often ate fritters, but it was usually pumpkin or butternut fritters.
What is awesome about corn fritters is that they are sweet and savory at the same time.
So if you like you can go more towards the sweet side and serve them with syrup, or more towards the savory side and serve them with sweet chili sauce!
Either way they’re going to be divine.
Making vegan corn fritters
What’s also great about these fritters is that they’re so easy to make.
If your pan is big enough to cook them two at a time then this is a meal that can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
I knew I wanted something green in here, and wasn’t sure whether to use chives or cilantro.
But since cilantro is a bit of a love it or hate it sort of thing I decided to go with chives. And it worked very well.
It adds perfectly to the savory vibe of these vegan corn fritters, but not in a way that overpowers the sweetness. So yes, even with chives in, you can still serve them with syrup!
Usually fritters are deep fried but I’m just not a fan of deep fried, so these were simply fried in a little coconut oil.
These vegan corn fritters are delicious served either hot or cold. So have them straight away or, if you’re cooking for 1 and there are leftovers, no problem! Have them the next day too.
They are perfectly sweet while at the same time being wonderfully savory, and the crispiness of the corn provides a wonderful contrast in texture.
You will love these vegan corn fritters, they are:
- Savory &
- Ideal as an appetizer or light meal
- Totally delicious!
Best served hot and crispy and fresh! But if you do have leftovers then keep them refrigerated and then reheat with a little oil in a hot pan.
So let me know what you think of these vegan corn fritters in the comments and please rate the recipe too. And if you love vegan fritters then check out our vegan zucchini fritters because they’re also a winner.
Sign up to our email list before you go, we’ll send you a gorgeous recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes and you’ll be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Easy and delicious vegan corn fritters. Fabulous served either hot or cold, savory or sweet. Ideal as an appetizer or light meal.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp hot water and allowing to sit for a minute.
- Add the soy milk, flax egg and vegan butter to the mixing bowl and whisk together with a hand whisk until the lumps are removed.
- Finally add the whole corn kernels and the chopped chives.
- Heat a pan on the stove with a tsp of coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot add just enough batter to form two rounds of batter in the pan. Don’t swirl the batter around. It’s okay for them to be quite thick.
- When the batter gets dry along the edges, flip them over. Let them cook each side until browned, pressing down with the spatula so that any uncooked batter in the middle will press out to the sides.
- It takes around 3 minutes for each fritter to be properly cooked.
- Repeat until your batter runs out.
- Serve hot or cold with maple syrup or sweet chili sauce.
*Weigh your flour and cornmeal for the best results in this recipe.
- Category: Appetizer, Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Fritter (of 8)
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 6.7g
- Sodium: 361mg
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 29.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan corn fritters