Perfect vegan cottage cheese. Savory, simple, and with the ideal cottage cheese texture, it’s even better than the ‘real thing’.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) Raw Cashews (Soaked in hot water for 1 hour)*
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Coconut Cream (canned, unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Water
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8oz (220g) Extra Firm Tofu (Crumbled)
- 1 tsp Chopped Chives
- Place soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut cream, water, white vinegar, salt, nutritional yeast, onion powder and garlic powder into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Crumble the tofu and add it to a bowl. Pour over the blended cheese mixture, add the chopped chives and fold everything together gently so you don’t break up the tofu.
- Place into the fridge for at least an hour to firm up and then enjoy.
*Place the raw cashews into a bowl and pour over boiling water from the kettle. Leave it to sit for an hour and then drain and rinse. Don’t let them soak for longer than an hour as this can cause the cashews to absorb a larger amount of water and you could end up with a watery cottage cheese.
*Prep time is for hands on time only and does not include the time spent soaking the nuts or the time firming up in the fridge.
- Category: Sides, Appetizer, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.9g
Keywords: vegan cottage cheese