Fresh and colorful vegan couscous salad. This super easy salad is ready in 15 minutes and it’s filling, satisfying and delicious!
For the Couscous:
- 1 cup (173g) Couscous (Dry)
- 1 cup (240ml) Boiling Water
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper (to taste)
For the Salad:
- 1/2 Head Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
- 1/2 Large Cucumber (chopped)
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- 10 Sundried Tomatoes (sliced)*
- 12 Pitted Green Olives (sliced)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Sweet Corn (drained)
For the Tahini Soy Dressing:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1–2 Tbsp Water (to thin it out)
- 2 Avocados (Sliced)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Add the couscous to a bowl and then pour the boiling water over it. Cover with a cloth and leave for a few minutes. Then fluff it with a fork and add in the vegan butter and mix in and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, olives and sweet corn into a mixing bowl and toss together. Add in the couscous and toss.
- Add all the dressing ingredients except the water to a bowl or jug and whisk together. Add in just enough water to get it to the right consistency.
- Pour over the dressing and serve with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
*Sundried tomatoes in oil are the tastiest for this recipe.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory, Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 11.1g
- Sodium: 630mg
- Fat: 24.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 70.4g
- Fiber: 12.9g
- Protein: 14.3g
Keywords: vegan couscous salad