Deliciously creamy and cheesy vegan cream cheese! This super easy recipe is divine spread on bread or crackers and ridiculously close to the ‘real thing’!
- Add the soaked cashews (drained) to the blender jug along with the lemon juice, coconut cream, white vinegar, salt and onion powder and blend. If you have a stick attachment with your blender then use this to push the cream cheese down onto the blades making it easier to blend. If you don’t have a stick attachment then stop regularly and scrape down the sides and give it a stir and then continue until it’s very smooth.
- Transfer the blended mix to a bowl and then add in the dried dill and stir or whisk it in.* Your cream cheese is now ready to use.
- Keep it stored in the fridge. It will firm up overnight in the fridge so will have a firmer texture on day 2 vs on the day you make it.
*Weigh the cashews for the most accurate result in this recipe since cup sizes can differ around the world.
*I place the cashews into a bowl and then pour boiling water from the kettle over them. Then just cover with a cloth and leave for an hour to soak.
*The dried dill is an optional add on, but it adds a lot of delicious flavor so is recommended. You could use dried chives or dried basil instead (in the same quantity).
- Category: Appetizer, Side, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 303mg
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.3g
Keywords: vegan cream cheese