This delicious vegan curry is made with sweet potato and fresh veggies simmered in a delicious blend of coconut milk and spices. The most divine comfort food in a bowl!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Mild Curry Powder*
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes (Chopped) (~4 and 1/2 cups/600g)
- 1/4 cup (65g) Tomato Paste
- 1 14oz (400g) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup (240ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk*
- 2 cups (180g) Broccoli Florets
- 2 cups (180g) Cauliflower Florets
- 3 Small Zucchini (Sliced)
- 3 cups (90g) Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- Basmati Rice
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the minced ginger, crushed garlic, chopped onion, curry powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground turmeric and cayenne pepper. Sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the chopped sweet potatoes, tomato paste, canned chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to a simmer and then cover the pot and leave to simmer until the potatoes are slightly softened and close to ready but not all the way cooked.
- Add in the broccoli and cauliflower florets and sliced zucchini and simmer until the veggies are al dente and the potatoes are soft and firm.
- Add in the baby spinach and coconut sugar and simmer until the spinach is just wilted.
- Serve with basmati rice and fresh chopped cilantro.
*We used mild curry powder as we prefer it a little mild, but you are welcome to use more or use a stronger blend if you prefer it more spicy.
*The coconut milk should be full fat, unsweetened, canned coconut milk.
*The coconut sugar is just for flavor balance. You can also use brown sugar.
*Nutritional information is for the curry only and does not include rice.
- Category: Entree, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 18.9g
- Sodium: 483mg
- Fat: 25.8g
- Saturated Fat: 15.4g
- Carbohydrates: 55.8g
- Fiber: 12.8g
- Protein: 10.1g
Keywords: vegan curry