You gotta love popsicles! They’re like ice-cream, but easier!
These vegan dark chocolate popsicles are just 5 ingredients and take 5 minutes to put together.
There’s no ice cream machine required, no churning, no fuss, just a quick blend in the ol’ blender, pour out into popsicle moulds and Bob’s your uncle! (Why is it Bob by the way? Why isn’t it ‘Sally’s Your Granny’ or something? #weirdsayings)
Having a stash of popsicles in your freezer will keep you pretty happy during summer days, or, scratch that, all year round. I mean who needs hot weather to want a popsicle?
And to top it all off these vegan chocolate popsicles are healthy too! Yes indeed! I am making that claim!
Just coconut milk, cocoa powder, dates, bananas and maple syrup or date honey and you have yourself a deliciously healthy freezer snack.
The taste of the bananas is subtle in these popsicles, the chocolate flavor is what leaps to the front and center.
And the creaminess of the coconut milk combines perfectly with the sweetness of the dates.
Depending on just how sweet your dates are, you may not need to add any maple syrup/date honey. Just taste test and see how you go.
I’m thinking you’re going to love these vegan dark chocolate popsicles! They are:
- Ideal for snacks!
I’d love to know what you think of this recipe, so any questions or comments, please post them down below. And if you’ve made this recipe, I’d love to know how it turned out!
If you take any pics, then as always please tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can admire them! Thank you!
- 2 Bananas
- 1 14oz Can (400ml) Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- 6 Dates
- 2 Tbsp Date Honey or Maple Syrup (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to the blender except for the date honey/maple syrup and blend. Taste test to check for the required level of sweetness. If you need it sweeter, then add the date honey or maple syrup and blend again.
- Pour out evenly into 6 popsicle moulds.
- Place into the freezer to set.
- When you're ready to eat one, pop it out of the freezer, run the popsicle mould under some warm water and then pop out your popsicle and enjoy.