This vegan feta tastes just like the real thing! It also crumbles just like real feta and is savory, salty and totally divine!
- Add the raw cashews, firm tofu, 1/4 cup water, lemon juice, white vinegar, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to the blender and blend. It will be thick. Set aside.
- Prepare a loaf pan or square dish by spraying with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Add one cup of water and a tablespoon of agar agar powder to a saucepan and bring to the boil stirring constantly. When it starts boiling, set a timer and let it boil (while you continue to stir) for 1 minute.
- Moving very quickly, as the agar starts to set up fast, pour out the agar/water mix into the blender with the other ingredients and blend in quickly. Then, again very quickly, pour this out into your prepared loaf pan.
- Smooth it down and then place into the fridge and leave it to set.
- Once the feta cheese has set, loosen the sides with a knife and tip it out onto a wooden board.
- Cut it into slices and then cut the slices into cubes.
- Place the cubes into a bowl with a lid, add the dried oregano and dried dill (optional) and then put on the lid and rotate the bowl so that all the pieces of feta get evenly covered.
- Now your vegan feta is ready to serve.
- Keep it stored in the fridge and enjoy within about a week. It is also freezer friendly if you think you may not finish it within a week.
*We did not soak the cashews first, but we are using a Vitamix. If you think your blender might struggle, then soak the cashews in boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
*This must be the agar agar powder and not the flakes. If you’re using the flakes you may need up to 3 times as much to get the same result.
- Category: Savory, Side, Appetizer, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blender and Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 2oz (57g)
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 562mg
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5.2g
Keywords: vegan feta, vegan feta cheese