This delicious vegan fried rice is simple, flavorful and veggie packed! It’s perfect as a side dish or a main course and a perfect way to use up leftover rice!
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil*
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp Green Curry Paste*
- 2 cups (280g) Frozen Vegetable Mix*
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce*
- 4 cups Cooked Rice*
- 1 cup (150g) Roasted Salted Cashews
- 2 Spring Onions (Chopped)*
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil (Chopped)
- Add the sesame oil to a frying pan with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, minced ginger and green curry paste and fry until the onions are softened.
- Add in the frozen vegetables and soy sauce and fry that with the onions until the veggies are softened but still firm.
- Then add in the cooked rice along with the cashews and chopped spring onions and fresh chopped basil and stir fry together for a couple of minutes until everything is well mixed and heated through.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
*You can switch the sesame oil for olive oil if you prefer.
*You can use red curry paste instead of green curry paste. Just make sure you check the label for vegan friendliness as not all brands are vegan.
*Our frozen veg was a mix of peas, corn and carrots. Any similar veggie mix will work fine.
*If you want this to be gluten-free then make sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce or switch it for tamari.
*If you’re making rice from scratch, then just cook 1 cup (200g dry weight) of rice which will make around 4 cups of cooked rice and then use all of it in this recipe. We used basmati rice but any rice will work great.
*Spring onions are also called green onions or salad onions/scallions.
*Prep/cook time assumes the rice is already cooked.
- Category: Entree, Side, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 514
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Sodium: 750mg
- Fat: 24.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 62.1g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 13.1g
Keywords: vegan fried rice