Traditional condensed milk fudge recipe made vegan! This vegan fudge is the ultimate in sweet, velvety melt-in-the-mouth deliciousness.
For the Vegan Condensed Milk:
- 1 and 1/4 cups (150g) Soy Milk Powder
- 3/4 cup (150g) Sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Hot Water
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the Fudge:
- Prepare your vegan condensed milk by adding the soy milk powder and sugar to the blender and blending to mix. Then add the hot water, coconut oil and salt and blend thoroughly until very smooth. Use all of this condensed milk in your fudge.
- Prepare all the fudge ingredients and have your candy thermometer standing by.
- Grease your tray with coconut oil.
- Tie your hair back, get out your wooden spoon and you’re ready to go!
- Melt the butter in a thick bottomed pot or pan.
- Add the syrup, soy milk and sugar and stir until the sugar is completely melted.
- You will know the sugar is completely melted when your wooden spoon no longer makes the scraping sound when stirring.
- Add the condensed milk and keep stirring.
- Stir the boiling mixture on high heat continuously until it reaches soft ball stage according to your sugar thermometer (about 12-15 minutes)
- Remove from heat add the vanilla extract and stir in.
- Using an electric mixer beat the fudge until it gets very thick and stiff. The mix will go from shiny and glossy to matt – taking it from a toffee consistency to a thick fudge.
- Move to a tray, smooth out and cut into squares.
- Alternatively move directly to the tray and then use the electric mixer to beat the fudge directly in the tray until it reaches the stage where it starts spontaneously setting.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
*Check out our page for how to make Vegan Condensed Milk if in any doubt as it features a video showing the process.
- Category: Baking, Confectionary, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Piece
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 88mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 0.4g