Colorful and festive vegan funfetti cake! This gorgeous, light and fluffy, moist and vanilla flavored cake with vanilla frosting is perfect for celebrations!
For the Funfetti Cake:
- 2 and 1/2 cups (312g) + 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) White Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups (360ml) Soy Milk*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Canola Oil*
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (95g) Rainbow Sprinkles*
For the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 4 and 1/2 cups (540g) Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 3–4 Tbsp Soy Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pink and Green Food Coloring (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray 2 8 inch cake pans with non-stick spray and line the bottoms with circles of parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the soy milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla and use a hand whisk to mix until just combined.
- Add the sprinkles and fold in gently.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Add the powdered sugar, vegan butter, 3 Tbsp of soy milk and the vanilla to the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Beginning at slow speed, gradually increase speed until thick and smooth. If it’s too thick, add in the extra tablespoon of soy milk but add it in slowly as you might not need all of it.
- If you don’t want to do the pink and green frosting decoration then just use all the frosting to frost the cake. But if you would like to do it, then leave a little frosting behind after frosting the cake. Take the remaining frosting and divide it into two bowls. Place a couple of drops of pink food coloring into one bowl and a couple of drops of green food coloring into the other and mix it in. Then pipe on alternating pink and green around the edges of the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with sprinkles.
- Keep the cake covered at room temperature where it will stay fresh for a few days or covered in the fridge where it will last up to a week.
*Soy milk can be switched for almond milk.
*You can use any vegetable oil it doesn’t have to be canola.
*Check the sprinkles for vegan friendliness as not all are vegan.
- Category: Dessert, Baking, Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 12)
- Calories: 563
- Sugar: 73.2g
- Sodium: 376mg
- Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 98.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 3.9g
Keywords: vegan funfetti cake