The only vegan gluten free banana bread recipe you’ll ever need! Perfectly textured, moist, and packed with banana flavor.
- 2 cups (272g) Gluten Free All Purpose Flour*
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 1 and 1/3 cup (300g) Mashed Banana*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup (55g) Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (100g) Chopped Walnuts (plus more to sprinkle on top)*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan by spraying with non-stick spray and lining the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the gluten free all purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of hot water and letting it sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the bananas, soy milk and coconut oil to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour out the blended banana mix over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add the flax egg, vinegar and vanilla and mix into a thick batter.
- Add in the chopped walnuts and mix in.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared loaf pan and sprinkle more chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake for an hour until browned on top and cooked through.
- Let cool for around 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy!
*For the most accurate results weigh your flour. I have tried this with different blends, so any gluten-free flour blend that is meant for baking should work great here.
*If you have a food scale and can weigh out the banana, then there is no need to mash it first. You can just add the peeled bananas to the blender and blend with the other ingredients. However, if you’re only using cups to measure then mash the banana to get the correct amount in cups, before adding it to your blender with the other ingredients to blend.
*The walnuts are optional. You can leave them out or use a different nut like chopped pecans.
*This recipe was first published in July 2019. It has been updated with extra tips and photos but the recipe itself is unchanged.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast, Gluten-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 24.6g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 46.9g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 4.8g
Keywords: vegan gluten free banana bread