The only vegan gluten free banana bread recipe you’ll ever need! Perfectly textured, moist, and packed with banana flavor.
- 2 cups (272g) Gluten Free All Purpose Flour*
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 11 oz (312g) Banana (Peeled Weight, about 3 Medium Bananas)*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup (55g) Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (100g) Chopped Walnuts (plus more to sprinkle on top)*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan by spraying with non-stick spray and lining the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the gluten free all purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of hot water and letting it sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the bananas, soy milk and coconut oil to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour out the blended banana mix over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add the flax egg, vinegar and vanilla and mix into a thick batter.
- Add in the chopped walnuts and mix in.
- Transfer the batter into you prepared loaf pan and sprinkle more chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake for an hour until browned on top and cooked through.
- Let cool for around 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy!
*For the most accurate results weigh your flour. I have tried this with different blends, so any gluten-free flour blend that is meant for baking should work great here.
*For the best accuracy weigh the banana. Alternatively, this amounts to 1 and 1/4 cups mashed banana.
*The walnuts are optional. You can leave them out or use a different nut like chopped pecans.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast, Gluten-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 24.6g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 46.9g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 4.8g
Keywords: vegan gluten free banana bread