These vegan gluten free pancakes are so light and fluffy that you’ll never even know they’re gluten free. Super easy and the best thing for breakfast!
- Sift the gluten free all purpose flour into a mixing bowl and then add the sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tablespoons of hot water and letting it sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the soy milk in to the mixing bowl along with the flax egg and olive oil and mix into a thick batter. Use a hand whisk to remove any lumps.
- Heat a frying pan with some olive oil until hot and then spoon out the batter in roughly 1/4 cup measures.
- Cook until the edges start to look dry and there are bubbles on top before flipping and cooking on the other side.
- Cook until browned on both sides.
*Be careful in measuring your flour. The most accurate method is to weigh it, but if you don’t have a food scale (recommended) then make sure to use the spoon and level method if using only cups to measure. If your batter is too thick then it’s likely that you have accidentally used too much flour. Just add a little extra non-dairy milk to compensate so that your batter looks similar to ours (you can see how ours looks in the blog post photos).
*The baking powder amount is not a typo, it is 1 Tablespoon. We use this amount to make the pancakes really fluffy.
*You can use a different non-dairy milk such as almond milk if you prefer.
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake (of 8)
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 281mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: vegan gluten free pancakes