This vegan Thai green curry is rich and creamy and packed with fresh veggies. It’s simple enough for weeknight dinners and just as good as a restaurant!
For the Thai Green Curry:
- 1 Medium Onion (White/Yellow/Brown, Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2–3 Tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste*
- 2 14oz (400ml) Cans Coconut Milk*
- 8 Pieces Baby Corn (Chopped)
- 4 and 1/4 cups (300g) Broccoli Florets
- 2 Baby Zucchini (Sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 2 Red Chili Peppers (Sliced)*
- 1 8oz (~220g) Block Extra Firm Tofu (pressed and cubed)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil (Packed)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar*
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Fresh Basil
- Basmati Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- Press the tofu using a tofu press or by placing it on a plate with another plate on top of it and then putting something heavy on top like a heavy pot. Leave the tofu to press for around 15 minutes while you prepare the other veggies. When the tofu is pressed cut it into cubes.
- Add the onion, crushed garlic, minced ginger, sesame oil and green curry paste into a pot and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the coconut milk, baby corn, broccoli, zucchini, red bell pepper and red chili peppers. Simmer until the veggies are softened but still firm.
- Add in the tofu cubes and let them cook for a couple of minutes.
- Then turn off the heat and add in the fresh basil and coconut sugar and stir in until the basil is wilted.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice or cauliflower rice and some fresh basil leaves.
*Use 2 tablespoons of green curry paste for a mild curry, 3 tablespoons to be pretty hot and more if you want it really hot.
*The coconut milk should be canned, full fat, unsweetened coconut milk.
*Remove the red chilies from the curry before serving if you want to avoid a very spicy surprise! If you like hot things then leave them in.
*The coconut sugar is just for flavor balance. You can omit it if you prefer or use another sugar like brown sugar.
*Nutritional information is for green curry only and does not include rice.
*This recipe was first published in October 2018.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Thai
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 530
- Sugar: 13.1g
- Sodium: 360mg
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated Fat: 29.4g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 14.2g
Keywords: vegan thai green curry, vegan green curry