The most divine vegan hollandaise sauce with all the flavor you can dream of. Super easy to make and the best thing poured over roasted vegetables.
- Place the cashews in a bowl and pour boiling water from the kettle over the top. Leave them to soak for one hour. Then drain the cashews.
- Add the soaked cashews to the blender jug along with the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, white vinegar, water, turmeric, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, black salt and cayenne pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended sauce to a double boiler if you have one or make a homemade double boiler* by placing a heat safe dish over a pot with a couple of inches of boiling water. Let it heat, stirring all the while, until it’s warmed through. It doesn’t need to get hot, just warm enough for serving.
- The sauce will thicken while heating.
- Serve over roasted vegetables or baked potatoes or anywhere you would serve a hollandaise sauce.
*If a double boiler (even a homemade one) is not an option, then you can heat this in a saucepan, but make sure it’s at low heat and stir constantly until warmed through.
*If you don’t have black salt you can use regular salt but you will lose some of the eggy flavor.
*Prep time is for hands on time and does not include the time spent soaking the cashews.
- Category: Side, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 207mg
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: vegan hollandaise sauce