This vegan hot chocolate is rich and delicious and dessert in a mug. Perfect for cold nights, when there’s a nip in the air, or just a bit of a breeze.
For the Hot Chocolate:
- 2 cups (480ml) Soy or Almond Milk*
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup (88g) Vegan Chocolate (Chopped) or Chocolate Chips
- Brown Sugar (To Taste)*
For Serving: (Optional)
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Shavings
- Add the soy or almond milk and cocoa powder to a saucepan and heat, whisking to combine the cocoa with the milk, and heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat and add in the vegan chocolate or chocolate chips. Let it sit for a minute and then whisk in until smooth.
- Pour out into two mugs. Add brown sugar to taste.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
*I prefer soy milk for this as it’s thicker/richer, but almond milk also works great. Coconut milk would also work well.
*I used 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (1 Tbsp per serve) but this does make it a very sweet drink, so add sugar according to taste. Coconut sugar would also be great in place of brown sugar.
*Nutritional information includes 2 Tbsp of brown sugar but excludes additional toppings like vegan whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Category: Beverage, Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/2 the Recipe
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 19.4g
- Sodium: 27mg
- Fat: 24.3g
- Saturated Fat: 13.3g
- Carbohydrates: 32.6g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Protein: 13.9g
Keywords: vegan hot chocolate