I’ve probably mentioned it before that I’m a little caffeine sensitive. And when I say ‘a little’ what I mean is I’m probably dancing on the ceiling instead of sleeping at night when I’ve had just one coffee!
But this vegan iced coffee is so good it’s been entirely worth it and I’ve been having one every day since I first made it and will likely continue until my batch of vegan condensed milk runs out!
If you’ve ever wondered what to do with your vegan condensed milk (whether you buy it ready-made or make it yourself) then this answers that question for you very nicely. Daily vegan iced coffees is the answer my friends!
And as long as you have some ice on hand (lots of ice, preferably), and some instant espresso powder, you’ll soon be sipping on a super delicious iced coffee.
And making it takes all of 2 minutes. Add your instant espresso powder to a jug, pour boiling water from the kettle up to the one cup line, then stir in some vegan condensed milk and mix it in.
I have quite the sweet tooth so 3 tablespoons of vegan condensed milk was the right amount for me, but you don’t have to go taste testing while it’s hot, you can always add more later.
You want to mix it in nicely and then fill up a glass with ice and pour that coffee over the ice.
As soon as you finish pouring, add a straw and enjoy! The ice cools it immediately and you have a perfect iced coffee pretty much instantly. But you can see why the more ice the better. You can always even add a bit more ice once you’ve poured your hot coffee in, so that what melts gets replaced and your drink is super cold.
You will love this delicious vegan iced coffee, it is:
- Perfectly Sweet
- So quick and easy
I didn’t make this very strong, but I find the flavor to be just perfect, however, if you prefer stronger coffee then go for it and don’t take my directions for how much instant espresso powder to use to be integral to the recipe, you can totally go large on that if that’s how you prefer it.
So what do you think of this vegan iced coffee? Let me know in the comments and please do rate the recipe too! Thanks so much.
For more delicious drinks check out these recipes:
Sign up to our email list while you’re here, you’ll get a fabulous dinner recipes ebook (containing 10 awesome recipes) and you’ll be the first to know when we post new recipes to the blog.
Vegan Iced Coffee
- Add instant espresso powder to a measuring jug. Pour boiling water into the jug up to the 1 cup (240ml) line and stir it in.
- Then add the condensed milk and stir.
- Fill a glass with ice (all the way to the top) and then pour your coffee over the ice. Some of the ice will melt as you pour in your coffee, so feel free to add more ice to make it super chilled.
- Add a straw and enjoy.
- If you usually like your coffee strong, you may want to use more instant espresso powder. The amount used here is for a fairly mild coffee.
- The amount of vegan condensed milk used should be in line with how sweet you generally like your drinks, if you don't generally like sweet drinks, then start off with less, you can always add more later if it needs more sweetening.
- You can either make your own vegan condensed milk, using our extremely easy recipe for almost instant condensed milk (made in a blender, no standing over a hot stove required) and then keep a batch of it in the fridge to make iced coffees over a few days, or buy readymade vegan condensed milk.