These festive boozy vegan jello shots are perfect for parties! They’re colorful, fun and super easy to make! Top with vegan whipped cream!
- 1 cup (240ml) Red Grape Juice (100% fruit juice)
- 1/4 cup (50g) Sugar
- 1 tsp Agar Agar Powder (not flakes)*
- 1 cup (240ml) Vodka*
- Green Sanding Sugar*
- Vegan Whipped Cream (store-bought or homemade)
- Green Cherries
- Add the grape juice, sugar and agar agar powder to a saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, and once boiling allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the vodka and stir very well.
- Pour out into a glass jug to allow for easy pouring and then divide evenly between 20 shot glasses on a tray (25ml shot glasses, if using bigger glasses, you’ll just have less shots).
- Place the tray with the shot glasses into the fridge and allow to set.
- Once set, top with vegan whipped cream, a sprinkle of green sanding sugar and a green cherry.
*If using agar agar flakes, you’ll need to use at least double, and possibly more. So 2 tsp would be a good starting point.
*The vodka taste is pretty strong, though it only works out to roughly half a 25ml shot of vodka per shot glass. If you would like to use less vodka, then add extra water to compensate. So if for example, you’d like to use only 1/2 cup of vodka, then add 1/2 cup of water to the saucepan with the grape juice and sugar and agar agar and bring to the boil together. In this case you can also use a little less agar agar powder, I would drop a 1/4 tsp per 1/2 cup less of vodka used.
*Making some green sanding sugar is just a case of putting some white sugar into a jar, adding a couple of drops of green food coloring and then shaking up the jar vigorously until the green color has worked its way through all the sugar granules and you’re left with green sugar.
*Nutritional information is for 1 shot of 20 without whipped cream, cherry or sanding sugar.
*Recipe adapted from my Fruity Vegan Jello.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Shot (of 20)
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Protein: 0.1g