Super easy vegan korma ready in 30 minutes! A delicious blend of vegetables and spices in a creamy and rich korma sauce. Gluten-Free.
- 1/2 cup (75g) Raw Cashews
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Fennel
- 1/2 cup (130g) Tomato Paste
- 1 Bag Frozen Veg (~18oz/500g)*
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar*
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- Add the cashews and coconut milk to a blender and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, minced ginger, curry powder, cumin, coriander powder, cinnamon, turmeric, cardamom, ground cloves and fennel and sauté until onions are softened.
- Add in the tomato paste and frozen vegetables and sauté until the vegetables begin to soften slightly.
- Add in the blended coconut cashew cream mix and simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add coconut sugar and salt to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice and some poppadoms. Add fresh cilantro to garnish.
*The frozen vegetables you use should contain peas and carrots. Ours was peas, carrots, green beans and corn. If you get a different frozen veg mix that’s totally fine, but peas and carrots are great as the base vegetables for this.
*You can use brown sugar instead of coconut sugar.
*Nutritional information does not include rice or poppadoms.
- Category: Entree, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Indian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 454
- Sugar: 15.7g
- Sodium: 347mg
- Fat: 33.4g
- Saturated Fat: 16.7g
- Carbohydrates: 33.3g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Protein: 10.3g
Keywords: vegan korma, vegetable korma