This vegan lemon curd is wonderfully tangy, creamy, sweet and tart and simply delicious as a topping on pretty much anything!
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice, white sugar, lemon extract, salt, coconut cream, cornstarch and turmeric to a saucepan and whisk together.
- Keep whisking and alternately stirring until it thickens. Whisk even more vigorously when it thickens so that you make sure it’s nice and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a heat safe container and let it cool before placing into the fridge to store.
- It will thicken more as it cools and even more in the fridge.
- It will keep for around a week in the fridge.
*If you can’t get hold of lemon extract then you can omit it. You will lose a little of the lemon flavor but it will still be perfectly delicious.
*Use canned coconut cream. There is no need to separate the cream by chilling the can first, just stir it up and measure out a cup.
*Turmeric is just for color and can be omitted if you prefer. You won’t get the bright color but that’s also fine!
*This recipe makes just a little shy of two cups (around 450ml).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 13.7g
- Sodium: 43mg
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3g
- Protein: 0.2g
Keywords: vegan lemon curd