Deliciously creamy vegan lentil soup. This filling and satisfying soup is just 6-ingredients, high in protein, gluten-free, super easy, and simply delicious!
- Peel and chop the onion and add to a pot with the olive oil and cumin and sauté until slightly softened.
- Add the carrots and toss together. Then add the lentils and toss together with the other vegetables. Finally, add in the vegetable stock and mix everything together.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until the lentils are cooked (they should be soft).
- Take the pot off the heat and blend directly in the pot using an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then transfer to your blender jug and blend up in stages until it’s all smooth.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of black pepper.
*You can use any color of dried lentils, it won’t make a difference to the outcome in terms of taste (though might make a difference in color). The important thing is that they must be dried lentils and not canned lentils.
*I haven’t found a consistent cook time on this, though it’s at least 20-25 minutes, just keep a check on the pot and when the lentils (and carrots) are soft, then it’s cooked.
*I haven’t found the need to add in extra salt as it’s quite salty from the vegetable stock, but of course add some salt if needed.
- Category: Appetizer, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 516mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: vegan lentil soup