Simple and delicious vegan macaroni salad with the most divine creamy dressing. Veggie packed and extremely flavorful. Ideal for picnics, potlucks and barbecues!
For the Salad:
- 18oz (500g) Macaroni*
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 4 Stalks Celery (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions (Chopped)*
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil (Chopped)
For the Dressing:
- The cashews need to be soaked for the dressing. So place them into a bowl and pour over hot water from the kettle and then let them sit for an hour and then drain them before use.
- Cook the macaroni according to your package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Chop and prepare your veggies.
- When your cashews are soaked, you’re ready to make the dressing. Add the soaked cashews to the blender jug along with vegan mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, dijon mustard, dried dill, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt, black pepper and water. Blend until smooth.
- Add the macaroni to a salad bowl. Top with the chopped veggies and then pour over the sauce. Toss it all together until well mixed.
- Then cover the bowl and place it into the fridge for around an hour to chill and for the flavors to blend.
*This amount would usually be one full pack of macaroni (dry weight). We used elbow macaroni for this recipe.
*Spring onions are also called green onions or salad onions or scallions.
*Prep time is for hands on time and does not include the time spent soaking the cashews or the time for the macaroni salad to chill in the fridge.
- Category: Appetizer, Side, Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 409
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Sodium: 210mg
- Fat: 20.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 46.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: vegan macaroni salad