These vegan macaroons are crispy on the outside and deliciously soft on the inside. Super simple 2-ingredient recipe dipped in chocolate for a decadently delicious dessert experience.
For the Macaroons:
For the Chocolate:
- 10.5oz (300g) Vegan Chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil (Optional)
- Add the dessicated coconut to a mixing bowl. Add the vegan condensed milk and mix in.
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the coconut mix onto a parchment lined baking tray and aiming for around 16 macaroons (a few more is also fine). Use your hands to pat them into a sort of dome shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crispy on the bottom and lightly browned on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and place into a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30-second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until it’s melted and smooth. If it’s a little thick, then add in a teaspoon of coconut oil to thin it out and make it easier to work with.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the chocolate and place back onto the parchment lined tray. Use the remaining chocolate to drizzle over the top of the macaroons.
- Place into the fridge for the chocolate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy.
*You can make your own vegan condensed milk, in a blender, within minutes with our recipe for vegan condensed milk. The linked recipe has full instructions and a video. If you don’t want to make your own, you can also buy ready-made vegan condensed milk and use that.
- Serving Size: 1 Macaroon (of 16)
- Calories: 342
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated Fat: 19.9g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: vegan macaroons, vegan coconut macaroons