Creamy and divinely textured vegan mango ice cream. This easy 5-ingredient recipe is perfectly sweet, a gorgeous color and has all the mango flavor you could dream of!
- The day before you want to make ice cream, place the bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer so that it’s frozen and ready.
- Place the coconut milk (full fat for everything, low fat won’t work here), coconut cream, sugar and syrup into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- When simmering remove from the heat and add in the puréed mango. Using an immersion blender, blend for at least 30 seconds, this removes any last trace of graininess from the texture.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, then use a blender jug, just make sure the lid is on properly as the mix is very hot.
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover with a lid and place into the fridge to chill overnight. If you have less time, you can place it into the freezer so that it chills faster. It has to be completely cold (as cold as possible) before churning.
- Churn the ice cream according to your ice cream makers manufacturer instructions, usually at least 25 minutes and up to 45 minutes until you reach soft serve consistency.
- Place into a loaf pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Cover in foil and place into the freezer to set.
*Prep time does not include time spent chilling/setting.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 21.3g
- Sodium: 21mg
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated Fat: 12.6g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.3g