The richest, creamiest melt-in-the-mouth mint chocolate chip ice cream. This ice cream is vegan, gluten-free and definitely doesn’t taste like sorbet.
- The day before you want to make ice cream, place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze completely.
- Then place your coconut cream, coconut milk, sugar and syrup into a pot on the stove and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Once it reaches a gentle simmer, remove from the heat, and using an immersion blender, blend it in the pot for 30 seconds.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, then you can transfer the mixture to your blender jug and blend it there, but just make sure the lid is on properly, as the mixture will of course be very hot. Then transfer the mixture to a covered container and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, remove the mixture from the refrigerator and stir in the green food coloring and the peppermint extract.
- Transfer to your ice cream maker and churn as per the manufacturers instructions, it will usually be 20-40 minutes.
- As soon as it reaches soft serve consistency, add the dark chocolate pieces to the ice cream maker while it’s churning and allow it to mix in for around 1 minute.
- Then transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe loaf pan and smooth it down.
- Place it into the freezer to set for a few hours (around 4-6 hours to set properly)
- When you’re ready to serve scoop it with a hot scoop (dipped in hot water) for the easiest serving.
- Keeps very well in the freezer of course, but still best when fresh.
*Depending on the brand of peppermint extract you use, you may need to use more to get enough mint flavor. So taste test to see if the flavor is strong enough.
*Adapted from my Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream
*Prep time does not include chilling the mixture or time spent setting in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 21.7g
- Fat: 24.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.7g