Simple and delicious vegan miso soup. This veggie packed soup is extremely flavorful and makes the perfect appetizer.
- 4 cups (960ml) Vegetable Stock*
- 2 Tbsp Dried Wakame
- 5 Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 3 Tbsp White Miso Paste
- 10 oz (300g) Silken Tofu (Cubed)
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions (Chopped)*
- Add vegetable stock to a pot on the stove and bring to a simmer.
- Add dried wakame and sliced shiitake mushrooms to the pot.
- Let the wakame and mushrooms cook in the vegetable stock for around 5 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked. Switch off the heat.
- Mix white miso paste with a little hot water to thin it out.
- Add the miso paste to the pot. Stir it in gently.
- Add cubed tofu and and chopped spring onions and mix in. Serve immediately.
*If your vegetable stock has pieces of dehydrated vegetable in it, then strain it for best results in this soup.
*Spring onions are also called green onions or salad onions or scallions.
- Category: Appetizer, Savory, Side, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2251mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 10.6g
Keywords: vegan miso soup