The most delicious vegan mushroom stroganoff ever! It’s ready in 30 minutes, bursting with flavor and made with vegan sour cream and mushrooms.
For the Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff:
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 18oz (500g) Button Mushrooms*
- 3 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable Stock (Strained)*
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Full Batch Vegan Sour Cream*
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- 1/2 Pack (~9oz/250g) Pasta (Dry Weight)*
- Chopped Chives (For Serving)
- Put the pasta on to cook according to the package instructions.
- Get all your ingredients ready for your sauce.
- Then add in the vegan butter to a pot along with the chopped onions sauté until the onions are softened. Then add in the sliced mushrooms and crushed garlic and fry until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add in the flour and fry with the mushrooms and onions for 1 minute. Then add in the vegetable stock and stir in until combined. Add the soy sauce and dijon mustard and then the full batch of vegan sour cream.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Serve over the pasta with some chopped chives.
*We used brown button mushrooms – also called portobellini mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms or cremini mushrooms. You can also use regular white button mushrooms in this recipe.
*You only need to strain your vegetable stock if it has pieces of dehydrated vegetables in it.
*If you are using a different vegan sour cream and not making your own, then the amount to use is 1 cup (8oz/226g). If you make your own using our recipe, then just use all of it in this recipe.
*We used linguine in this recipe, but you can use any pasta that you like.
*If you’d like to make this meal gluten-free then serve it with gluten-free pasta and use 1 and 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch instead of all purpose flour or a gluten-free all purpose flour blend. Also make sure your soy sauce is gluten-free or switch it for tamari instead.
*The time for this recipe does not include the time spent making the vegan sour cream if you’re using the homemade version.
*Nutritional information is for everything including the pasta and a full batch of homemade vegan sour cream.
- Category: Entree, Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Sodium: 865mg
- Fat: 25.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 73.1g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: vegan mushroom stroganoff