The most delicious vegan mushroom stroganoff ever! It’s ready in 30 minutes, bursting with flavor and made with vegan sour cream.
For the Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff:
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- 1 Medium Onion (White, Yellow or Brown, Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 5 cups (18oz/500g) Cremini Mushrooms (Sliced)*
- 3 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable Stock (Strained)*
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 cup (240ml) Vegan Sour Cream*
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- 8 ounces (226g) Pasta (Dry Weight)*
- Chopped Chives (For Serving)
- Put the pasta on to cook according to the package instructions.
- Get all your ingredients ready for your sauce.
- Then add in the vegan butter to a pot along with the chopped onions sauté until the onions are softened. Then add in the sliced mushrooms and crushed garlic and fry until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add in the flour and fry with the mushrooms and onions for 1 minute. Then add in the vegetable stock and stir in until combined. Add the soy sauce and dijon mustard and then the full batch of vegan sour cream.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Serve over the pasta with some chopped chives.
*Cremini mushrooms are also called portobellini mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms or brown button mushrooms. You can also use regular white button mushrooms in this recipe.
*You only need to strain your vegetable stock if it has pieces of dehydrated vegetables in it.
*If you make our homemade vegan sour cream then just use the full batch of it in this recipe.
*We used papardelle pasta in this recipe (wide flat pasta noodles), but you can use any pasta that you like.
*If you’d like to make this meal gluten-free then serve it with gluten-free pasta and use a gluten-free all purpose flour blend instead of regular flour. Also make sure your soy sauce is gluten-free or switch it for tamari instead.
*The time for this recipe does not include the time spent making the vegan sour cream if you’re using the homemade version.
*Nutritional information is for everything including the pasta and a full batch of homemade vegan sour cream.
*This recipe was first published in May 2019. It has been updated with lots of extra tips but the recipe itself is unchanged.
- Category: Entree, Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Sodium: 865mg
- Fat: 25.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 73.1g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: vegan mushroom stroganoff, vegan stroganoff