Ultra cheesy vegan nacho cheese. Creamy, rich and super simple to make, this is ideal as a dip for your tortilla chips or poured over fully loaded nachos! Gluten-Free.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) Cashews (Raw)*
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric*
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeño Slices
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable Stock
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug and blend.
- Transfer to a saucepan and heat, whisking regularly until hot (don’t let it boil). It will thicken while it heats. If you think it’s getting too thick, add in a little water (be careful as if it gets too thin that is harder to fix than if it’s too thick) and whisk it in until it’s the right consistency.
- Serve as a dip for tortilla chips or pour over a plate of fully loaded nachos.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. It will thicken when cooled, so when you reheat add in more water as needed to reach the desired consistency.
*I did not soak my cashews first and it’s not necessary for this recipe.
*The turmeric is just for color, so if you don’t like it you can omit it.
*My vegetable stock is quite salty, so extra salt isn’t needed but if you use a low sodium vegetable stock you might need to add salt to taste.
- Category: Dip, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blender and Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 95mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan nacho cheese