This vegan nut roast is perfect for a special occasion and makes the perfect main course. It’s packed with nuts and veggies and plenty of flavor too. Wonderful served with some vegan gravy!
- 2 cups (300g) Raw Mixed Nuts (Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Brazil Nuts)
- 1 cup (96g) Cremini Mushrooms*
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 Stalks Celery (Finely Chopped)
- 1 cup (110g) Grated Carrot*
- 1/4 cup (65g) Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 and 2/3 cups (150g) Panko Breadcrumbs*
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and line it with parchment paper so that there is overhang on either side. Set aside.
- Add the raw mixed nuts to the food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer them to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the cremini mushrooms to the food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add olive oil, chopped onion and crushed garlic to a frying pan along with the chopped mushrooms, chopped celery and grated carrot. Add in the tomato paste and soy sauce. Sauté until the veggies are softened.
- Now add the breadcrumbs, ground flaxseed meal, garlic powder and finely chopped parsley to the mixing bowl with your crushed mixed nuts and mix them together. Add in your cooked veggie mix and mix together into a thick dough.
- Transfer to a 9×5 loaf pan lined with a parchment paper overhang (so it can be easily lifted out when cooked) and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before lifting it out of the loaf pan with the parchment paper overhang. Slice and serve!
- Delicious served as is or with some vegan gravy. Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
*Cremini mushrooms are also called baby bella’s, portobellinis or brown button mushrooms.
*1 cup of grated carrot is approximately 2 medium carrots.
*You can really use any vegan breadcrumbs they don’t need to be panko breadcrumbs.
- Category: Entree, Savory
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 193mg
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 6.9
Keywords: vegan nut roast