Deliciously chewy vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Packed with chocolate chips, these brown sugar sweetened treats are easy and fun and make a perfect dessert.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (144g) Rolled Oats
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (80g) Dried (Dessicated) Coconut
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter/Margarine
- 3 Tbsp Golden Syrup (or any syrup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 6 oz (170g) Vegan Chocolate Chips or Chunks (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the rolled oats, all purpose flour, coconut, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Cream the vegan butter and brown sugar together and then add the syrup and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until the mixture is very crumbly.
- Add the soy milk and mix in. You may need a little more or a little less, this will depend on the water content of your vegan butter or margarine. Add in most of the chocolate chips, leaving a few of them behind to place on top when they come out the oven. Check if you can roll some of the batter into a ball – it should be sticky enough to do so. If not, add a tiny bit more soy milk. Roll into balls, making sure that you get some chocolate chips into each ball and place the rolled balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The edges should be firm and the tops lightly browned. As soon as they come out the oven, press the remaining chocolate chips into the top of the cookies while they’re still warm and soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
*Adapted from my Simple Vegan Oatmeal Cookies.
*In the original recipe, we made the cookies much bigger so only got around 16-18 cookies per batch. This time we rolled them smaller, so got 30 cookies. It’s up to you if you want to go with large cookies or smaller cookies, the recipe stays the same.
*You can bake these in two batches if you want to space them out on the baking tray so that they don’t stick together while they’re baking. We didn’t – but our cookies did bake together and needed to be separated once cooled.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Sodium: 115mg
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 1.8g
Keywords: vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies