Light, fluffy and perfect vegan pancakes. Perfectly sweet, super easy and ideal for breakfast. These are the best pancakes ever, vegan or otherwise!
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute or so to thicken.
- Add the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk), flax egg and coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix in.
- Heat up a pan and grease lightly with a little coconut oil.
- The pan should be very hot, but not smoking, before you pour in your first batch of batter.
- Add batter to the pan in roughly 1/4 cup measures.
- You will see small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and the edges will dry, that is when it’s time to flip over onto the other side.
- Cook until nicely browned on both sides.
*Weigh your flour for the most accurate results. If you are only using cups to measure the flour then make sure you are using the spoon and level method which is the correct way to measure flour if using cups. If you have used too much flour, then you will need extra non-dairy milk (which is also not the end of the world if this does happen). See our video and process photos for how the batter should look, it should not be too thick.
*The baking powder measure is correct as 1 Tablespoon (it’s not a typo!). This is what makes these pancakes super light and fluffy.
*We have tested this recipe with soy milk and almond milk and both options work perfectly. You can likely also use any other non-dairy milk that you may have on hand, though we have not tested all other options.
*Nutritional estimate is based on 1 pancake (of 8) without vegan butter or syrup.
*This recipe was first published in November 2015 and has since been updated with new photos and text.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake (of 8)
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 281mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 20.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.9g
Keywords: vegan pancakes