This homemade vegan parmesan cheese is so tasty you’ll want to sprinkle it on everything! Easy 4-ingredient recipe, ready in 5 mins.
Yep, you’ll definitely want to sprinkle this on everything.
And I mean everything.
We sprinkle it on baked potatoes, on salads, on roasted veggies, on the no-cheese thin crust pizza take-outs we buy, on pasta dishes (of course) and whatever else we can think of.
If it’s a savory dish then chances are it’ll be even more delicious with a sprinkle of this on top.
It’s not something that will melt or anything like that, but it’s wonderful as a sprinkle and it tastes wonderfully cheesy.
Ingredients For Homemade Vegan Parmesan:
- Raw cashews – form the base of this recipe. If you have a cashew allergy you can make this with walnuts. It also works amazingly well. Use raw walnuts in the same quantity as the cashews and you have a great alternate version of this vegan parmesan.
- Nutritional yeast flakes – adds heaps of cheesy flavor.
- Salt and garlic powder – combine with the nutritional yeast flakes to make this really cheesy.
How To Make Vegan Parmesan Cheese
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
All you need to make your own vegan parmesan is a food processor. You simply put in the S blade, add in your cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic powder.
And then just pulse it until you have the consistency that you see in the photo below. You don’t just want to run the food processor on this one because, ya know, cashews when processed for too long can start to turn into cashew butter, and you don’t want that here.
So pulse it. Don’t set it and forget it.
You can keep it stored in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 weeks. However, you also can keep it in the fridge if you like. As long as it’s in a sealed container, either/or is fine.
More Vegan Cheese Recipes
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Vegan Ricotta
- Vegan Feta Cheese
- Vegan Cottage Cheese
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Add the ingredients to the food processor and pulse it on the S blade until it reaches a fine consistency.
- Sprinkle it on pastas, pizzas, casseroles, salads and anywhere else you can think of!
- If you have a cashew allergy you can also make this with walnuts. Just use walnuts in the same quantity (1 cup).
- Keep it stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge. It will last for 3-4 weeks.
- This recipe was first published in January 2016 and has now been updated with new photos and text.